Best Answer

Automatic Group based on Enrollments & Notifications - Verification

• 29 November 2021
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 4
Badge

We would like to send a notification to remind new users to complete an onboarding course that they have been enrolled in, but have yet to complete. 

To create the group I was going to create an automatic group based on their enrollment status in the specific course, to meet ANY of the criteria for that specific course (so we can target the notification email):

• Enrollment Status - Not Started
  • Enrollment Status - In progress

Then, send a notification to this group (which should update automatically) 14 days after they are automatically enrolled in the course and again at 30 days after they are enrolled if it’s still not completed.

**Enrollment rule already set up. 

Here’s the multi-part question:  

1. Is there an easier way to do this than setting up two separate notifications?
  2. Can someone confirm that ‘Not Started’ will only apply to those users who have been enrolled in the course? ( I know this may sound dumb, but I don’t want this to go out to ALL users, only those who are enrolled in the course)
  3. Does the ShortCode in the Enrollment email [first_name] show the user’s first name, or the first name of the admin who enrolled them in the course? (again, this may sound dumb but we accidentally sent 100,000+ emails to users with MY NAME in the email b/c we weren’t told that the short code field in the Course Properties Have Been Changed notification isn’t the USER’s name… )

Thank you in advance for your feedback! 

icon

Best answer by lrnlab 30 November 2021, 19:24

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Added some notes below

Here’s the multi-part question:  

1. Is there an easier way to do this than setting up two separate notifications? not really since each one has a different setting
  2. Can someone confirm that ‘Not Started’ will only apply to those users who have been enrolled in the course? ( I know this may sound dumb, but I don’t want this to go out to ALL users, only those who are enrolled in the course) I think this relates to the user having opened the course but not launched any content vs. Subscribed which is the enrolled option
  3. Does the ShortCode in the Enrollment email [first_name] show the user’s first name, or the first name of the admin who enrolled them in the course? (again, this may sound dumb but we accidentally sent 100,000+ emails to users with MY NAME in the email b/c we weren’t told that the short code field in the Course Properties Have Been Changed notification isn’t the USER’s name… ) Yes it adds the user’s name, not the admin

I would recommend you test your notifs before you go live...create some test IDs or test Groups and run them through there first.

Thank you in advance for your feedback!