Skip to main content
Question

Average Time in Learning Material

• 19 June 2024
  • 4 replies

I know that Docebo is considering creating an automation to the Estimated Time for Course.

While we are still doing it manually, how is everyone calculating this?

I have tried to use the New Reports custom report builder and it gives Training Material Time in seconds and takes tons of time to convert and then average.

I have tried to use the Training Material Report in the course itself but the column comes out with a 1h 31m format that excel also hates, takes so much time to convert and then is hard to average as well.

Has anyone found a quick fix to find average times for training material, courses, and then learning plans?

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@ncmoore We just add in a step during our development review process.  Everyone that reviews is asked to tell us how long it took them.

Userlevel 1
Badge

@ncmoore We just add in a step during our development review process.  Everyone that reviews is asked to tell us how long it took them.

That sounds amazing! I am a department of one so…..I AM the development review process and I have found myself unreliable. 😅😂. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

That sounds amazing! I am a department of one so…..I AM the development review process and I have found myself unreliable. 😅😂. 

🤣 … a stopwatch? a timer?

Or maybe you can set an average of how long it takes to read one page of a course, and then multiply the number of pages in the course ??

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

A lot of our courses are SCORM files so we estimate how long they are from how many pages are in it, e.g. 1 min or 30 secs depending on how much content there is/how complex the page is. I suspect some of them are a little over how long it takes some users, but if they are making time to complete training then better to over estimate by a little bit than it takes them longer than they expect.