Skip to main content
Best Answer

Badging - Hide/Remove Contests from the Gamification Widget?

• 20 July 2022
  • 6 replies

Good day Community!

First time poster, short time lurker here. I was wondering if anyone has figured out a way to hide or remove the visibility of the Contests tab in the gamification widget. My company is rolling out gamification for a small test audience, and we’re looking to focus on badge allocation, but not so much the competitive side of things. I know that we can un-publish the leaderboard so that it’s not visible, but I haven’t found a way to hide Contests. 

Any insight would be appreciated. Many thanks!

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Have you tried leaving the checkbox unchecked for contests?

Does it show despite leaving this unchecked?

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Hi @gstager - Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately I don’t have access to the Items to Display menu that you have in your screenshot. If I navigate to the Gamification app settings, I just see the following:

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

What you see in my screenshot is in the widget itself.

You will see it when you create the widget or you can access it after it is made by going to the page it is on and selecting Edit for that widget.

Hope that helps.

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Ah, that does help. I only have Badges checked there. But Contests still appear as an option (in the left hand menu) once I select My awarded badges from the widget. That’s the rogue Contests instance that I’m hoping to hide.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Ah..

Now that I see where you are specifically - give this a shot by pasting it in your Branding and Look area.

/** Remove Contests Tab from Gamification Page **/

div.gamification-mybadges-tabs.tabbable > ul > li:nth-child(3) {
display: none;
}

Whenever using custom CSS - be sure to test things out in multiple browsers, and review other areas of the platform for conflicts, etc.

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

@gstager I appreciate the information (and apologies for my initial lack of specificity). I’ll work with my Sys Admin on testing this out. Many thanks!