Best approach to replace course in learning plan

• 26 March 2024
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

We have two learning plans:

1. Learning Plan A (no CPE credit)
  2. Learning Plan A with CPE Credit awarded

The one with CPE credit awarded is an identical fork to the first one. We had to fork it because we charge a fee for the CPE version and also we award a different certificate template for each of the courses in it.

When the LP without CPE credit was created, a mistake was made - one of the courses assigned to it was the CPE credit version. This was not spotted for quite some time, so we have lots of enrollees : )

We want to keep the LP unchanged for those who already enrolled, but for those who have not enrolled, change it so that they do not get enrolled into the CPE course but instead the non-CPE version.

What is the best way to do this? I checked with Support and they mentioned equivalencies but I don’t think that would work here.

Perhaps simply “hide” the CPE course and then add the non-CPE course? Based on some research, this should keep the status unchanged for enrollees, but change the percent complete?

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Looking at this further I’m thinking that using the equivalency feature may be the best route. Something like:

1. Set the CPE version as the equivalent to the non-CPE version of the course.
  2. Add in the non-CPE version to the LP.
  3. Hide or remove the CPE version from the LP.

Re step 3 - I’ve never hidden a course in an LP so need to learn more about that.