Bulk Reset Training Material

• 12 April 2023
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 2

I need to know a way to reset a training material for multiple users at once. I have an issue where I have changed the course status on compliance courses for hundreds of users from “Completed” to “Enrolled” so they can retake the courses for this year. The reassignment worked but if they have completed the course previously, the system is remembering their progress for the training material itself - meaning it opens up to the end, remembers their score for the test the last time they took it, and automatically marks it as complete. 

I found a way to reset the training material individually through the Report tab for each course but that is not something I can do for over 300 people over multiple courses. 

If there an easier way to do this or has someone found a workaround?

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@RHalayAre these courses or LPs?

This is a bit of a challenge to do, as the platform doesn’t yet support multiple enrollments for the same training material. It’s coming soon, though.

So for now, if you need to track the completion of a training material, you need to upload it into the Central Repository MULTIPLE times.  Separate uploads...separate course shells.  You can change the name to say “Course XYZ - 2023” instead of “Course XYZ - 2022”.

From Course Management, click the columns icon (left side of the page), and have it display everyone that has the Enrolled status. Then review the list and confirm that this is the correct group of persons. Use the checkbox (first column in the right side of the page) to select all of the ones that were filtered. Anyone that doesn’t meet your requirements, leave them unchecked. Then you can use the Actions button at the bottom of the page to change the status.

Once you get the second version of the training material loaded, you can use the “enroll from another course” process to get them enrolled quickly.

This is kinda down and dirty explanation, so let me know if you have questions.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

you can try this API

https://doceboapi.docebosaas.com/api-browser/#!/learn/Course/Course_learn_v1_courses_course_id_trackings_0

There are few that are more descriptive about resting tracking but all are marked as soon to be deprecated and refer to the one above