Skip to main content
Best Answer

Calendar

Hi everyone,

I have added the calendar widget on my menu. I can see that all the courses the user is enrolled on will come notified on the calendar. Just wondering if there is any chance to set it up to have the upcoming meetings on the calendar although the user is not enrolled on them?

Thanks for your help in advance.

11 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Hi @JavierPuertas.  If you want upcoming training that people can enrol onto, you will need the Catalog widget.  When adding it, there is an option for calendar view.  This will then show any courses within the catalogues you select (or all catalogues) that the user has access to.

Hope this helps 😊

Badge

Hi @Neil Patterson, thank you very much for your response. I have tried to do it that way but still the courses I am enrolled on are the courses coming on the calendar.

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Strange.  Assume you have Superadmin rights, so should see everything in all catalogues?

This is how mine is configured:

and then this is the result I get:

Badge

My fault @Neil Patterson, the problem came because I had not created the actual events yet, all sorted now. Thanks very much for your help.

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Ah ok.  Brilliant - glad it’s working.  No problem 😀

Badge

Is there any possibility I can set different colours depending if the user is enrolled or not? @Neil Patterson 

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Good question.  I don’t think there is.  @gstager is a wizz with all things CSS so may know differently, but imagine it is what it is I’m afraid

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

There was a couple discussions on this that took place a while back.

You can change some colors but when you do - it is for everyone.

I don’t know of a way for CSS to change based on the enrolled state of a user without resorting to JavaScript.

If we could do custom JavaScript snippets, we could run a conditional statement of sorts.

if (user=="enrolled") {
calendarEntry="blue";
}

Or some other such nonsense... 

Alas, as @Neil Patterson stated

...it is what it is.

Feel free to check out  the information in these two posts and see if any of it will help you. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Neil Patterson I don’t know if I love you or hate you for sharing this, but thank you just the same. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Haha @steveninfinger - I don’t know whether to be offended or not by your comment 😂

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Haha @steveninfinger - I don’t know whether to be offended or not by your comment 😂

🤣 I’ll save the really offensive comments for another day.