Best Answer

Can I assign resources to profiles instead of individual users?

• 24 July 2023
  • 4 replies

Hi. I’m fairly new to Docebo and am looking for help. Is there a way to assign resources to a profile instead of an individual user. For example, let’s say I have profiles by country and want The US trainers to access different courses that the Mexican trainers, etc.

As far as I can tell, If I create a new poweruser ID, I need to assign the resources individually, rather that assign the profile which would include the needed courses. I hope this makes sense! Thanks for your help.

icon

Best answer by dwilburn 24 July 2023, 22:00

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

Correct, you make a user a power user, then you assign them a profile and then you assign the resources to that user.

I filter my power users by profile then I have a “plan” on what they should be assigned, and my view has it laid out so you can see the pattern.

So in your example I would have a plan for country A profile, filter by that profile and then assign resources. Then on to country B profile.

Keep in mind groups will have to be updated periodically if that is something that changes over time.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

adding on...you can assign resources to multiple PU’s at once...I usually locate the PU’s without a role assigned or some other value that will eventually be assigned and then assign all the resources except the last once so I can maintain the search results while I assign all the other resources. The PU filters work well.

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

+1  We also assign resources to multiple PU’s at once with the filtering of the profile, it is a bit clunky but it works.

We’re looking in the future though how we can automate it through an access control so will follow this post to see if anyone has come up with other solutions =) 

Thank you all for your replies!  I’ll see what I can pull together.