Best Answer

Can users disable email notifications themselves?

• 17 July 2023
  • 3 replies

We have a mixed audience of users included a number of deskless employees. When assigning compliance courses, often our production employees complete these in a room together as a facilitated session and a power user manually marks them off as complete. 

Often our deskless employees become frustrated at the reminder emails, which we have turned on to cater for our professional employees. Is there a way for users to disable email notifications on their end rather than us having to create two versions of the same course (professional vs production) simply to disable the notifications for a select group of production employees?

icon

Best answer by Sébastien Arbour 17 July 2023, 08:45

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 3

That would be a great feature, but it is not available “out of the box”. Maybe you would like to test the following:

• Create an additional field for email notification (yes/no). You can set it to “yes” for new users as standard or make it mandatory for user to choose from the beginning.
  • You create a group including all users having the additional field set to “yes”
  • You assign the notifications to this group instead of all users

We are not using this currently, so you should test this first. I hope this was helpful and we would also like an easy way for users to decide whether they want to receive notifications or not. 😊

Userlevel 2

Please let me know if I’m wrong about this, but the notifications button on the top right only shows notifications, but no way to turn it on and off? I think that’s weird. 🤦🏻

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @lilyschlossin, yes, the bell will show a coloured circle when you have unread notifications, it also allows you to access the full notifications page. It is not a toggle switch for on / off.