Best Answer

Can you allow users signing up to "self-elect" as a manager?

• 21 February 2024
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Is there a way to prompt someone to select whether they are a manager when first signing up, or to toggle on being a manager in their profile so that others may label them manager?

I understand if this doesn’t exist but figured I’d ask!

icon

Best answer by lrnlab 22 February 2024, 19:00

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

I believe it does exist in Docebo’s version...check the settings under Advanced Settings > Teams and managers…maybe wither of these options could work for you? I know in our sandbox, when I log in as a user with no manager assigned, I am asked to choose one. Try it out.

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Hi @lrnlab ! Thank you again for this great advice. Sadly, this doesn’t allow us to let a person signing into our system for the first time “self-elect” as a manager themselves, it only prompts a user to select who they’d like to be their manager (sadly they can’t select just anyone, they have to already be labeled a manager in the system) and populate a list with potential managers (again, have to be labeled a manager already to do this :( ) 

Think it’s not possible right now - I can understand it, because it would allow just anyone to say “I’m a manager” and see other’s information. Appreciate it regardless!

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

I think it only pulls from users that are actual manager (toggle “this user manages a team” is ON) but it’s been a while since I tested. I understand this does not solve your issue though. Have you thought about the moderated self-registration? Would that help you at all? More work for your admins but it may be a step in the right direction if that works the way you like.

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

@lrnlab Yeah, I think you are totally right on where it pulls from, and like you mentioned we’re hoping to allow users to toggle that “this user manages a team” themselves.

The moderated self-registration looks interesting! Yes, I can see how this would assist us, so I could manually go in if I see a manager and set that toggle to on. I don’t know if that’s going to be feasible with our system needs as-of now (the time frame between allowing someone to register and access unfortunately could cause a bigger problem then the manager setting for our case sadly) but I really appreciate you bringing it up as an option!

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@sara.cramer you can also create custom fields and require users to fill them out/select an option during the registration process and when you moderate you can accept or update the fields as needed.