Best Answer

Can you list courses in learning plan on a certificate?

• 1 March 2024
  • 6 replies

One of my use cases in my organisation is to show activity outlines or courses undertaken on the training certificate. A learning plan could be made up of up to 7 courses - having a certificate for each one is ridiculous, especially if a learner has completed many different learning plans. 

We feel like the purpose of the Learning Plan is to show completion of the full requirement, and the LP certificate should reflect that.

Is this possible?

icon

Best answer by sigamoline 1 March 2024, 13:42

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Pretty sure there is no way to this using the certificate short codes. Had a look and there is only one for the LP name.

Have you thought about hard-coding the course names in the certificate?

@lrnlab thanks for that.

I have - but we have about 20 different learning plans learners can undertake, so thought there would be an easier way out of this 😅 

Userlevel 4

What I do is include all the courses in the Learning Plan description.

And then in the certificate, I include the learning plan description.

Would this work for you?

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Would this work for you?

Ooooo that’s a creative workaround @sigamoline ! I could also see building a little workflow using the “course has been added” webhook that auto updates the course descriptions and keeps them in sync. I guess it just comes down to not having other content there. 

Would this work for you?

This is really creative and a good workaround, rather than hard coded templates for so many learning plans. Thanks for the idea @sigamoline!

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

This came up in a conversation yesterday actually, wondering folks who are using this trick, do you not normally use the LP description generally around the platform, or are you not using it for anything other than this list? Wondering how you are balancing out the needs there.