Best Answer

Can you upload more than 1 recording after ILT session?

• 23 February 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Can you upload more than 1 recording after ILT session?  My company has week long, 8 hours a day training classes. Yesterday was day 1.  MS Teams broke the recording into 4 or 5 recordings. Can we upload multiple or do we need to convert into 1 recording?

icon

Best answer by Lucy.blake 24 February 2022, 13:24

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

You can but only if the ILT is broken up on the ILT page eg you have made one session but five events in that session. For each event you can upload a recording.

Userlevel 3
Badge

Thanks.  That’s what I thought but hoped I missed something. Uploading links to the videos seems to be the best way.

Userlevel 3
Badge

@Lucy.blake 

I ran across the same issue. We may conduct VILT courses that last a full day or more. Everyone wants the recording after the session. I did not want to break them down into several events. 

For those videos that are over 800mb, I split them using the Bandicut software into manageable chunks.
For that course, I then add them as files. WHen adding them as files, you can limit the viewing just to a session. Then users who took the course can come back at any time and download them.

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

@mlubenski  Oh that’s a good idea. We have been struggling with the file size limit.

That doesn’t deal with the “mark as attended if the video is viewed” aspect by putting it in the files, but it’s still good to know.