Best Answer

Cannot share intranet links in Discover, Coach, and Share

• 5 October 2023
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

We have an intranet wiki as well as a SharePoint site. When I try to share those links as assets using Discover, Coach, and Share I receive this error: Link is not a valid url!

Does anyone else experience this? Is it not possible to share intranet links? 

icon

Best answer by dklinger 5 October 2023, 17:29

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@ktbadham good morning - an interesting question. Working with cloud products? It really depends on:

where and how your intranet/sharepoint are hosted and if they are “whitelisted” in Docebo. Sometimes these are residing behind firewalls and you will need to coordinate with your IT folk for those urls to remain valid.
If you are looking to do more with those links? Take a look at these articles that talk through methods that would allow you to iframe in from certain domains.

https://help.docebo.com/hc/en-us/articles/360020083000-Creating-an-HTML-Page-as-Training-Material

https://help.docebo.com/hc/en-us/articles/360020079900-Managing-the-Platform-Advanced-Settings

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

do you have an example of the link that is giving you problems? Are other links working?

Userlevel 3
Badge

do you have an example of the link that is giving you problems? Are other links working?

Sharepoint share links give me problems. They look like this: https://internal.xyz.org/dept/abc/def/Shared%20Documents/Folder/some%20document.docx

links to our internal wiki also give me problems. They look like this: https://wiki.xyz.org/index.php/An_Awesome_Wikipage

For security reasons I can’t provide the actual domain or working paths, but you can see the structure. Both of those domains are intranet. They can’t be accessed outside of our network.

I’ve submitted a ticket to our helpdesk based on what dklinger said and asked for some guidance from them.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

yes I see...It is odd...we’ve used intranet url’s in DCS and had no issues...have you also logged a ticket with Docebo support?

Userlevel 3
Badge

yes I see...It is odd...we’ve used intranet url’s in DCS and had no issues...have you also logged a ticket with Docebo support?

That doesn’t work in this case. It’s something my IT team has to handle.

The only way for Docebo to handle it is to simply not perform a check that these are valid URLs, similar to when we just write them in HTML in an HTML part.

Userlevel 2

Were there any other answers that resolved this issue? I’m experiencing the same thing, except that I have links in Channels that were accepted before just fine, but now I’m getting this error when adding new resources from the same intranet site. 

Userlevel 3
Badge

Were there any other answers that resolved this issue? I’m experiencing the same thing, except that I have links in Channels that were accepted before just fine, but now I’m getting this error when adding new resources from the same intranet site. 

Yep, used to work for me too, but now my IT would have to do a whitelist which they are unwilling to do. So I have no solution :(

Userlevel 2

Yep, used to work for me too, but now my IT would have to do a whitelist which they are unwilling to do. So I have no solution :(

I know that we are in the process of changing over to SharePoint Online, so any links to the new online sites we have created internally are working just fine. Our main intranet resources are still on the older version of SharePoint though and I’ve recently run into other issues of changes in Microsoft security settings impacting how course files or other resources are functioning differently than they have previously. I’ll see if my internal IT teams can do anything about this.