Best Answer

Certificate link or send in email?

• 27 January 2022
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +1
  • Helper II
  • 26 replies

We’re creating a learning plan for users where some have learning disabilities. It’s quite a few clicks to get to your certificate with a lot of visual clutter. We’re thinking of creating a how-to video with instructions, but I’d prefer to just give learners a link to claim their certificate or send a pdf via email.

I only found a way to directly link to My activities > learning plans, but there’s still that “hidden” three dot menu that only appears on hover.

Is there any way to link straight to the certificate, no extra clicks required?

icon

Best answer by LSP 20 February 2022, 02:44

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

HI @LSP had a quick look to see if we have any notifications that could deliver the certificate but no luck...when I grabbed the link generated just before the download, it includes the system generated user ID and system generated course ID so not sure you can automate this. You might be able to derive the links to send in an email to your users but you would probably need to some kind of mail merge to create links that include their personal ID and course ID.

here’s a sample I grabbed from the certificate download icon: (changed the 1st of the link to hide our instance name)

https://xxxxsandbox.docebosaas.com/admin/index.php?r=certificateManagement/download&id=8&user_id=74190&course_id=8912

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Hi @lrnlab, thanks for the response! Too bad that’s not possible, but I came across a notification (I think it was “completed a learning plan”) that has the certificate link as a shortcode. I haven’t been able to test it yet, but fingers crossed!

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@LSP interesting...I tried using short codes associated to one template in newsletters and that didn't work but perhaps that would work...please update this post if it does work

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Hi @lrnlab It works. The “completed a learning plan” notification short code for the certificate link works. You click the link and it downloads right away, no extra steps needed

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Great finding.

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Hi @lrnlab It works. The “completed a learning plan” notification short code for the certificate link works. You click the link and it downloads right away, no extra steps needed

@LSP what was your full setup? I have a course that results in a certificate, so would I have to place it in a Learning Plan by itself to accomplish this?

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

This is lightly off-topic - Has anyone got this going with a course?

Any luck with Certificate download link for a Course (not a Learning Plan)?

The Notification for a completed course just links to the Course Page, so no Power User can download the Certificate for their assigned users🙁 The only way that is still available is through the legacy pages of My Activities: Users >  selected User activity > Courses > Click on the small icon next to the completed course 🙁 Very obscure and very click-heavy.