Question

Certification and subscription prices

• 3 April 2024
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 2
Badge

Morning all;

I want to run the following scenario by you please; this is something currently managed outside of LMS but I’m looking to integrate it if poss.

We have a subscription model in place in which our users pay x amount each month for access to certain courses. 

Our users can also complete a “certified” set of courses, and after achieving certification they are eligible for a reduced subscription price.

They are expected to renew their certification every year - if they fail to do so in time and their certification expires, their subscription price goes back up to the higher rate.

Is it feasible to manage this in LMS? I thought this could be managed with Groups but I’m not sure there’s any sort of trigger to remove someone from a Group based on expired certification…

Many thanks,

Rob

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

This might be a bit challenging…

couple points for you to consider:

• Users can be added and removed from groups automatically based on your criteria
  • in your case, you may need to pin that to a course completion as there is no option to add a user based on a certification
  • You could also add a custom filed to your user profiles (how it gets there is another topic) and use that to keep them in/out
    • you would need to do a manual update to the profiles or if you are highly automated, run a report,, send it to an ftp server and use the automation app to upload/update your users
  • If you use Groups and enrolment Rules, note that the Enrolment Rules can only push out (assign), they do not un-assign anything.

To manage your pricing, you might want to look at the Content Partner app (not sure it’s the perfect fit for your but it may work). You can use groups to associate users to bunch of courses and offer a discount across the board. This is slightly different than subscriptions though (not sure if you’re using the Subscription app or of your users pay for that outside Docebo...)

A few options you can explore

https://help.docebo.com/hc/en-us/search?utf8=✓&query=content+partner