Question

Change report name format output

• 1 November 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 3

Is there a way to change the way the naming convention of the report outputs with date?

Reports add the name of the report and the date. Currently the date format is mm_dd_yyyy. My group wants yyyy_mm_dd?

I’m not seeing anything in the Knowledge base. 

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

It's not possible at this time but if it became a big enough issue you could likely request a custom report to be formatted in this way. It might be worth reaching out to your AM or CXM to discuss. 

Userlevel 3

It's not possible at this time but if it became a big enough issue you could likely request a custom report to be formatted in this way. It might be worth reaching out to your AM or CXM to discuss. 

This is for every report in the system because of the way we have to report to Government agencies. 

Thank you,

Jennifer James

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Hi @JenniferJames

Something like this could likely be automated through Docebo Connect, if you have it. If you don’t, it should still be something you can automate one way or another outside of Docebo. The best method likely depends on your current workflows.

For example, let’s say your current workflow involves adding these government agencies’ email addresses to some scheduled reports in Docebo. You could instead use Zapier to catch those emails in your own inbox, rename the attachment, and then send it to the intended recipient(s). That said, this approach is more problematic if you’re using New Reports in Docebo, as the report itself is compressed into a ZIP package, and you’d end up renaming the ZIP file itself but not the contents. For “Old” Reports, there should be no such issues.

On the other hand, you might be forwarding these files manually – i.e. downloading them, renaming them, and attaching them to an email that you send to the agencies. In this situation, you presumably just want to rename them as quickly as possible, and as reliably as possible (without human error). I would think that there are many bulk renaming utilities available for whatever operating system you use. On Mac OS, the built-in Automator would do the trick nicely. On Windows… I’m not sure what to recommend, but there must be many possibilities.

The main point I want to get across is that while it would be great for Docebo to support custom file naming conventions, I do believe there are a lot of possible workarounds here. Happy to try and help further but I would need a bit more context about the workflows.