Best Answer

Change the sort order in course widgets

Userlevel 3
Badge

Is it possible to change the sort order of how courses are displayed when setting up the course widget when configuring a page? The only choices available are alphabetical order or date. We want completed coursed to appear at the bottom of the sort order. 

icon

Best answer by SuperShaune 7 May 2021, 15:46

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I hope someone will respond with a solution to this, however, I don’t believe there is one at this time. I chatted with support a while back but wasn’t able to get resolution. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Our way around this was to have separate widgets for each course enrollment status (Not Started, In Progress, Completed).  Only downside is we had to put these on a separate page from our homepage because they take up a lot of real estate.

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

We wanted this too, but agree with @Annarose.Peterson, currently the only way to show these would be for different widgets.

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

I’ve done something similar as @Annarose.Peterson with one of my pages.

I think there was indeed an impact on widget usage in a single page when it was limited to 10; with the increase to 20 per page, there’s a bit more flexibility to use an approach like this which indeed takes up more widget space.

There’s also an idea for “Custom Sort - all objects/assets - all widgets (Channel, C&LP, Catalog)” among a few other similar ideas, that might be worth checking out. DL-I-2133 for reference.