Question

Changes in Group assignments

• 10 August 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Hello, I have a group that gets populated via enrollment rule. The group has certain guidelines for example users must be part of a specific branch, and an additional field must be populated with “New Hire”. And it works great. However, I need to add a branch but only to new users.
If I update the group to include more branches, will the existing users in that branch also get put in that group? 

I’m trying to figure out if docebo is retro active and checks every user in the branch for this criteria. We do not want existing users. New users only.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

HI @ncassella I believe automatic groups will include everyone that matches your criteria so if your new users have a field that identifies them as such this should work otherwise it’ll probably bring in everyone in that branch that matches the rules...You can check the users in the group on the Users tab however it’s not a preview...the group is updated as soon as you click save changes. If you have a field lie “hire date” that would be useful to have to hold out older users.

Userlevel 3
Badge

Yes @ncassella, as soon as you apply the new settings to the group filters, it will take effect immediately.  It would apply to all users in that branch, and not just new users.

I’ve gotten around this limitation by creating an identical additional field and then applying that new additional field to the new branches.  That way the old additional field still exists and works, as does the new one.

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Thank you so much Irnlab and DustinSmith. I’m very glad I asked that question.