Question

Changes to Power User Capabilities Since Latest Update?

• 10 August 2023
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 4

Since the latest software update, my power users have noticed that they cannot see the user activity of learners who have signed up for their courses, when previously they could.

Here's the use case: The instructor for an ILT course wants to verify that a learner in the session has completed the recommended eLearning prior to being in the ILT. The instructor is assigned the branch that holds all users on the platform. I also have Groups assigned to the instructor that identify all the users. This was sufficient to allow them to check the users' activity, however it appears not to be the case. I've checked the KB article on the subject, which was recently updated, but it doesn't explicitly address this. 
It appears that the alternative is to assign all users to that person, but that is not sustainable given that new users are created everyday and the User resource only allows individuals to be assigned, not Groups or branches. 
As I said, I made no changes to the resource settings and this change occurred since the recent software update. 

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@TrishAH I think the issues is with the content, not the users. Do your PUs also have access to the courses/learning plans/catalogs?