Best Answer

Changing Date Format

Badge

Hello - is there a way to change the Date Format in Docebo in order to have an upload work with formats other than YYYY-MM-DD? Thank you in advance for the help!

icon

Best answer by John 6 May 2021, 15:37

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Hi @JinaCouture 

In the Advanced Settings of the platform, you can force a date format for all users. I hope this is what you’re looking for :)

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

@JinaCouture,

What @abartunek has pointed out is indeed the global setting for how your date format would be displayed across the platform.  In this case, the choice in the screenshot is forcing the selected format for all users.  The 3 “date format” settings in Advanced Settings will only address UI components within the platform as it relates to displaying date. 

For uploading of CSV’s, the date format should always be associated with the language selection.  There’s a great KB article that goes into all the details on CSV uploads/imports, but here’s a shortcut to the Date Formats based on ISO language standards.

If you’re ever hitting any walls with imports, you can always drop a line to our Learning & Support team through Chat or a formal Ticket, for more in-depth cases where the scenario(s) may be more complex (think CSV + Automation App).

How do I access Docebo Support?

• Communication Center, within your Docebo platform

• Help Desk ticketing system

• (Available only to SuperAdmins)

• Help Desk Chat

• (Available only to SuperAdmins)

I hope that helps!

Badge

Thank you both for your help! I did not realize that changing the User setting would allow another format to upload since the Date Format field was saying it had to be YYYY/MM/DD. Now I understand how that whole subject works. I also really appreciate the quick responses!! 

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

You got it @JinaCouture!  More than happy to assist with a quick answer!

Our Learning & Support teams are always ready to dive deeper on specifics around uploads/imports if you ever have more questions - drop us a line. 😊 

Badge

Hi @JinaCouture did that work for you, I have changed the settings of the users but it does not seem to be working, I would need a dd-mm-yy format rather than the mm-dd-yy existing at the moment.

Thank you

I request that you add more date formats to the system. The Life Sciences industry uses DD-MMM-YYYY as the standard. This prevents ambiguity around the date formats each country uses, please add it as an option