Question

Choosing a venue for ILT event doesn't do full key word search

Userlevel 3
Badge

Is anyone else having problems with the venue key word search when setting up an ILT event? We have a fake venue of “Unassigned-Unassigned”. We have to type out almost the full venue name for it to display in the drop down menu. If we type in something like “unassig”, other unassigned venues display for specific campuses but not the generic Unassigned-Unassigned.

Also, not fond of the functional change to this field...

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Agree this field is challenging to use when you have a lot of locations. Haven't yet seen the changes they mentioned in the last update (the new search box) and am anxiously waiting to see what this will look like.

For now, what we’ve done to get around this (a bit) is to use the location name as a way to sort.

For example, we add the city name in front of all location names so the admin only needs to start typing the city to see all available locations. Not great but it works in our case. Perhaps you can find a way to group your locations and then update the names so the dropdown list is more useable…?

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Could be wrong but it sounds like the OP is grouping already with the campuses, and then there is unassigned, but when typing unassigned the one he is looking for doesn’t show, just all the others with unassigned. Seems like some more failure of search in the system to me, it really hits so many places.

Userlevel 3
Badge

Agree this field is challenging to use when you have a lot of locations. Haven't yet seen the changes they mentioned in the last update (the new search box) and am anxiously waiting to see what this will look like.

For now, what we’ve done to get around this (a bit) is to use the location name as a way to sort.

For example, we add the city name in front of all location names so the admin only needs to start typing the city to see all available locations. Not great but it works in our case. Perhaps you can find a way to group your locations and then update the names so the dropdown list is more useable…?

05/11/2022

We’ve already done this at implementation. I’m also finding that when there are a lot of locations for a campus, not all the locations display when searching. I constantly have to exit what I’m doing, go check the locations in the database to see if I’m missing something, and then restart setting up the ILT again. Is there some sort of threshold for how many locations are returned when searching? Very frustrating.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@Susan Powell not sure but I think we can agree that the new ILT (I call it v1.0) needs improvement in many areas; venue selection being on important part for sure. We are not using the “classroom” option on locations for this very issue - it’s not clear for users and just makes the lists that much longer. We opted to use the Event Name to carry the classroom location ( not a great solution but it works in our context)