Skip to main content
Best Answer

Course Report/Details of Learning Plan

• 11 July 2024
  • 2 replies

Is there a way to run a report on courses within a learning plan that simply returns details about all the courses in that learning plan, pulling from course additional fields? For example, I need to know the course duration (what we’ve determined to be the anticipated duration of the course, not the user’s time) of all our courses in our learning plans. We have that set in the Course Additional Fields section. So, at a basic level, the report would look like:

Course Name Course Duration
Course #1 15 
Course #2 10
Course #3 15

And continuing for all the courses within that specific learning plan.

2 replies

Hi pcummins! 

Not sure if you’ve tried this yet and/or it doesn’t work for you, but I think this is a good place to start. What happens when you select that custom field to be included in a custom report? 

For example, when I run a custom report on all courses, I can include the filters below.

From the Filters step of custom reports, in the Completion Date section-

• Select date>is after>relative>180 days

From the View Options step of custom reports, in the Usage Statistics section-

• “Completed” user status
  • Training Material Time (Sec)

Then, when I go to the preview, I can see that Course ABC has a Training Material Time of 46212 seconds. Divide it by 60, it comes to 770 minutes. That same course has 24 people complete. So I then calculate 770/24 and that comes to 32 minutes of actual time spent per user. It’s not a perfect situation, but you can get the desired data I think you’re looking for! 

Can you use that model or the course additional field to get the same result with the courses/learning plans you’re looking for? Let us know! 

Userlevel 3

Hi @pcummins,

You can also use the Export Courses Data report in Course Management.  Select courses to enable the Choose Action button, then click Export Courses Data. 

The Courses Properties report will include course additional fields.  You can also run the Usage report and it will list the learning plans that the courses are included in.  A combination of these reports will get the information you need.  Excel’s XLOOKUP/VLOOKUP formula will make help to create the final list.

More information can be found in the KB - Export Courses Data