Skip to main content
Best Answer

Courses not showing up in catalog

• 26 July 2022
  • 8 replies

Does anyone know if there is a limit on the number of courses that can be shown in the catalog widget? We have 26 courses in one particular catalog but only 24 are showing up.

8 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

yes there is a MAX of 24,  I also found that out by trial and error and lots of waisted time :😓

There is an idea to have that limit increased but i cannot locate it at this moment

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Thanks @Gary Jarvis 

I found the idea and added my vote 😀

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

I was panicking then as we have way over 24 courses in our catalogue but realised you are talking about widgets.  I don't know if it helps but we use pages to display our course catalogue contents.  We have a page with all the catalogues:

Once you click onto the relevant button it then goes to a page full of all the courses that belong to that catalogue (and its doesn't limit the number of courses displayed)

Userlevel 3

@kferguson I think this impacts us for some of the product catalogs that have a lot of courses.  We should review.  

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

@KTJD That page looks great! How do you arrange content in each page, would you mind sharing? :)

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

@KTJD That page looks great! How do you arrange content in each page, would you mind sharing? :)

I just created a page with a load of custom content widgets which link to each specific catalogue page.  Each widget has an image background, a subtitle, and a link to each catalogue (each catalogue has a unique URL with a slightly different number).

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

I was panicking then as we have way over 24 courses in our catalogue but realised you are talking about widgets.  I don't know if it helps but we use pages to display our course catalogue contents.  We have a page with all the catalogues:

Once you click onto the relevant button it then goes to a page full of all the courses that belong to that catalogue (and its doesn't limit the number of courses displayed)

Looks scarily like our page 😀.  There was a discussion around having the “VIEW ALL” option once you scroll to the end of the 24 (I guess that would mean a max of 23 if that takes up 1 space), like it does on the mobile app - I'll see if I can locate the thread.

The PM from Docebo said they were investigating as it should do the same on the desktop site!

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Here is the post around it (and a link in that post to the original idea too!)