Creating Badges - Multiple Course Selection

• 14 March 2023
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

I am attempting to create a LinkedIn Learning badge that will be awarded to an employee when he/she completes 5 LIL courses. I have everything setup, but when I go to setup the auto-assignment criteria, I do not have a way to easily select/limit the selection to the LinkedIn Learning courses.

We have 9K+ LIL courses and the only way to select them is to type them all (not feasible) or select each page’s option for ‘select all’ (too time consuming). They are grouped as a catalog as well, but no way to associate a catalog either.

In many places, I can click “select all” and Docebo will checkmark each item on the page. I then have a second option to “select all” again to capture all of the learning items/users/etc. across each of the subsequent pages. This functionality is missing, however, for the badge’s course selection.

I’ve attached screenshots so you can see what I’m referring to. Hope someone has a suggestion/workaround. Thanks!

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Well, if you could batch-rename them via api…

but you can’t rename LIL courses as far as I’m aware now. 

Userlevel 2
Badge

Well, if you could batch-rename them via api…

but you can’t rename LIL courses as far as I’m aware now. 

I’m unsure how a rename would improve the situation. I can already isolate all of the courses by using the course code (it shows as ‘Lynda…’). I can’t select the 9K courses.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

There’s no select all? Yikes! There should really be a select all. You may want to post in Ideas. I will gladly vote for it. 

edit: you did say this… sorry, evening hours ^_^

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

You can probably export courses in the UI and format in excel then import into a badge with API. For 9000 courses, that’s your best bet. 

let me look at api endpoints. Do you have a consultant?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

https://doceboapi.docebosaas.com/api-browser/#!/share/Gamification/Gamification_share_v1_gamification_badges_id_badge_0_1

note you want to replace that doceboapi with your url.

I think this has what you want. You might be able to do what you need in the API explorer. Looks like you want to associate a bunch of courses to a single badge using that first thing, StudentCompletedCourse.

I think it would look like this:

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Docebo should make better ways to do this in the UI in my opinion.

Userlevel 2
Badge

I ended up having to select every page for all 9K courses. I did “select all” at the top of each page and just went from Page 1 to Page Who the Heck Knows. 

:-\ 

Will review the API more. Thank you for your suggestion.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

I ended up having to select every page for all 9K courses. I did “select all” at the top of each page and just went from Page 1 to Page Who the Heck Knows. 

:-\ 

Will review the API more. Thank you for your suggestion.

9… thousand… omg 😳 

I thought my 1500 was bad

Userlevel 5
Badge

We want to do the same, and the ideal solution would be to enable the assignment of badges to all courses in a catalog. Please upvote this idea: