Best Answer

Creating Group based on State Location for Harassment Training Course

• 18 July 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

We need to assign New Hires a specific harassment course based on where the user is located at (State). Since there is only 10 values allowed when you create a group, do I have to create multiple groups? I wish that groups had a filter option like: is or is not.

Please let me know how you would handle this situation.

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by lrnlab 19 July 2023, 15:03

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 3

As I’m based outside the U.S., I’ve tested something with countries instead of states. Have you tried out using 10 values within one condition in your set? Here is an example with 20 countries. I rapidly tested and it triggers as soon as a user has one of these 20 countries. Here a screenshot for demonstration:

If needed, you could also add new sets and change the setting for “at least one set must be satisfied”. However, you should test on your side since we are not using such a solution on our live system yet and I only tested on our sandbox.

I hope this helps. 😊

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

it depends on how many locations and course versions you have I guess. Docebo is supposed to have more operators available for Groups soon.

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Thank you @Sébastien Arbour and @lrnlab for responding so fast. I like both of your suggestions. I did go into our sandbox and did test out the new values is or is not and I think this will work for us. I hope these new values are soon added to the production site.

Userlevel 2

@Sébastien Arbour - can you please tell me how to test something on the sandbox? I don’t know how to do that. Thanks! 

Userlevel 3

@lilyschlossin - Sure! You need to check first if you have access to a sandbox. I’m honestly not sure if this is the case for everyone, but we have access to one. In this case, you can create an additional field of type “country”. You could also test with other types to check if you get the same results. Here more infos regarding additional fields: https://help.docebo.com/hc/en-us/articles/360020125379-Creating-and-Managing-User-Additional-Fields. 

Then you create a test group of type “automatic.” You can then create a new “set”. In your set, choose the type “User additional field based conditions”, select the field that you have created and try to add multiple values (in my case muitiple countries) in this condition. Then test this with a user by assigning it one value in the condition and check if the user is in your group. However, keep in mind that synching may not be automatic, but is usually pretty quick. You’ll find more information regarding groups here: https://help.docebo.com/hc/en-us/articles/360020084100-Managing-Groups

I hope this helps and wishing you success! 😊