Best Answer

Creating Transactions for Branches or Groups of Users

• 3 March 2024
  • 2 replies

Hi, I read in the Docebo Knowledge Base that there’s an option to create transactions for groups or branches of users. From this, I understood that this would override the need for each individual user in that branch/group to subscribe to the plan. That seems like the most reasonable and practical use of this feature. However, in testing this, I noticed that individual users within that branch/group must still subscribe to the plan upon logging in even after we (Superadmins) already manually processed their transaction. This is a very poor user experience for the end-user as it involves many more clicks and can be quite confusing. What’s the purpose of the ability to manually process transactions from groups/branches of users then? Has anyone gotten this to work properly? 

Link to Knowledge Base: https://help.docebo.com/hc/en-us/articles/360020080900-Creating-and-managing-subscription-plans

Section Title: Creating transactions for branches and groups of users

icon

Best answer by lrnlab 4 March 2024, 16:18

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

I assume you're billing outside Docebo? If yes, there are other ways to use subscriptions.

You can have the power users enroll users from their subscription via Manage Seats app, or you can directly assign seats to a PU and then have them assign/enroll users directly from those seats.

I use it for the License option (as opposed to Seats). It sounds like you are missing Step 2. After creating the transaction, go to Admin, Manage Seats, and then assign the licenses to the desired people.  This is all good, as it controls who has the licenses.  You can then log in as them and confirm that they have access to the catalog. 

For example, I have a branch called Acme and they buy a license to a catalog for 5 users.  That gets set up as a transaction from the Admin menu. (In our case, they are invoiced and pay offline first).   Then I add the 5 new users and assign them through the user creation process, or, I can assign them a license through “Manage Seats”.  See if the Manage Seats option solves your problem.

This 2 step process is good because let’s say they have another new user, user #6.  I add them but we’ve used up the licenses so they don’t automatically get a license.  I would have to remove someone to free up a license or the customer buys an additional license.  (Once they have a license, you can enroll them through the Manage Seats as well.  I learned they have to have the license first, and then can be enrolled.  That could just be my configuration, but it took me a while of testing to figure that one out.)