Dealing with terminations

• 3 August 2023
  • 5 replies

We are new to Docebo. We use a csv bulk load to import users. We need to manage adding new employees and deactivating terminated employees. We thought creating a group of all users “except” those with an additional field = “Term” AND selecting the “deactivate users who leave this group” would be the easiest way to deactivate our employees no longer with the company.

Two issues:

1. How do you get a report of deactivations?
  1. How do you use a group to filter the Users page so that you can select the users and apply a bulk action like deactivation using the option in lower right area of the screen?

Seems like this should be basic functionality, but not finding it.

Help?

Thanks!

Eric

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6
  1. In the older Reports? There is a deactivated column when you pull in user data into your reports. It may be true with the newer reporting engine as well.
  2. You cant use groups as a filter on the users page (sorry - it stinks). BUT you can use your user profiles to upload a flag and then in mass deactivate folk.

Last note - talk to your CSM and the folk that have helped you set up things. You can do tricks with user management. For example? You can deactivate users in a branch with the automation app based on a timing criteria (if that helps).

Thank you!

I said “reports” - what I really meant was “an admin screen” … it seems that the fastest reports generate is once per day, I was hoping for something more interactive.

Not being able to use groups on the user page - that sure is counterintuitive! Would think that was a big reason to have groups!? Still learning to “think docebo”

Can you say more about the “upload a flag” idea? That sounds promising...

Thanks again!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@ebruening

There are kinda two parts to deactivation.

1. You can do this with a batch .csv if you know their username or Unique User ID. Here’s the columns I use in my uploads sheet:

Using these columns puts the Status to Inactive, and sets the Expiration Date … using both of these properties really turns ‘off’ these accounts.

2. The best way to keep deactivated accounts OUT of your reports is to then MOVE the account into some ‘holding’ folder at the root level of your org chart. Here’s the columns I use in my uploads sheet that addresses the move:

By putting them in a branch, you don’t need a group.

You can use Username instead of User Unique ID if you want. In order to get the User Unique ID, you do need to create a User report and includes that field on the View Options tab on your report. I do a daily report of all critical fields in my platform so that I can work in a flat file/spreadsheet rather than having to look up data

Interesting!!

So, the “Active” field sets the user account to deactive when Active = No?

Nice! 

The branch idea is clever - we are still wrapping our heads around some of these methods.

Thank you!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Interesting!!

So, the “Active” field sets the user account to deactive when Active = No?

Nice! 

The branch idea is clever - we are still wrapping our heads around some of these methods.

Thank you!

Yes, when you say the account is Active = No, the green check mark goes away and becomes a gray circle. If you add in the Expiration date, that gray circle becomes a red triangle so you know that you really intended to ‘retire’ the account. Otherwise the gray circle might mean an ‘whoops, I clicked it off’.