Best Answer

Default Menu Pages

• 10 November 2021
  • 10 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

I have 2 users in one branch. I put one of the  user in a group and assigned that user to a specific menu. Why cant they see a the different menus? Below is my menu screen. 

The menu I am having trouble with the  Cathy Menu (2nd on the list). If I put the Cathy menu  above the Default page, everyone can see it, not just the one user in the group I gave visibility to even though I show visibility to 1 group, and 1 level. If I put it below the default menu, (regardless of what visibility I uuse) the user cannot see the Cathy menu.  I've spent hours moving Cathy above and below the default menu and no matter what I do,  I cannot get the one user in the group to see the Cathy Menu. Thoughts?

icon

Best answer by alekwo 10 November 2021, 15:46

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

@cathyp access to menus is evaluted in the order they are listed, starting from the top. The first menu, for which the user is on the "visible to" list, is displayed.

So basically, if a user may be appearing on several lists, the menu which is meant for a smaller subset of users shoudl be listed first. 

For example, if you have menus for managers and for all employees, the managers’s menu should be above the employee's menu.

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

@cathyp one more thing, if I remember correctly, adding a group and a level is considered by Docebo as a sum and not intersection, so if you assigned the menu to a level and a group, all users on this level + people in the group will see it.

You probably should only assign the group to get the results you are looking for. 

Userlevel 2
Badge

I tried that ….but when I moved the “Cathy” menu above the default, even though it had  one person in the group, everyone could see the Cathy Menu. Even though as you can see I didn't include Branch and I only  choose the group. I also tried using every available category of visablity  to test with (checking only user, then only admin etc…..). when the Cathy Menu was above the default, eveyone could see it. the one person in the group is in Cathys Group, and is a user. 

Userlevel 2
Badge

I also tried just assigning the group without checking any of the levels…..still showed to everyone even with just a group in the visibility box. 

Userlevel 2
Badge

I just retested. You are correct. If the group is above the default, and I select the group only, no one else can see it. Thanks! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

@cathyp we have a similar setup, with only groups assigned, and this for sure works.

Maybe reach out to Docebo support to check if there may be something wrong with your system.

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

As an unhelpful aside I am so frustrated with trying to figure out this process. It feels like Docebo could not have made it more confusing if it tried.

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @dwilburn, we so got in the weeds with this at the start of our implementation and occasionally when we returned to build a new project/menu. So much so that we adjusted the localisation just to remind us when returning!  

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

Very nice @AngeWi . It got better after my rant. With all the manipulations I was doing nothing new was showing up on the test account’s view. Finally logged out and back in and there it was.

The cascade / hierarchy for managing menus is still confusing but I am getting there. Thank you!

Userlevel 4
Badge

Finally logged out and back in and there it was.

Oh I hate it when that happens but good you got there.