Discover, Coach, and Share... how do you utilize it for your teams?

• 21 May 2024
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

We’ve been a customer for about a year and a half now, and bought Discover, Coach, and Share from the start, but it never really got off the ground.  We couldn’t get buy in from Experts from leaders and SMEs who are already overburdened and didn’t have time to spare.  While we like that we can share additional links and resources, we really haven’t been using the commentary or questions. 

My CSM has told us that even if we drop the DCS module that we will retain our ability to have Channels and share things to them.  We’ll just lose Playlists, Experts, and Questions, which we’re not really using anyway.  At Inspire last year, the only thing they showed others using it for were things that our company will 100% not adopt (like people uploading Halloween costume contest posts and things of that nature.)

How do your teams utilize Discover, Coach, and Share in a meaningful way?  What are you using it for?  Do you see benefit for it on your teams?  I’m curious what others are using it for because we’re probably dropping it at our contract renewal unless we figure out something groundbreaking to do with it.

2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

For DCS, we have been telling our users to create playlist for resources we have uploaded to the platform to create a “Personalized Job Aid Resource” customized just for them. This may help support the content. 

I would also pre-populate frequently asked questions in the system to help begin engagement. 

If you do a newsletter, maybe try doing an incentive about the most popular Assets in the system. 

Additionally, if allowed, do an interaction contest to try and develop by in to those functions. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

For DCS, we have been telling our users to create playlist for resources we have uploaded to the platform to create a “Personalized Job Aid Resource” customized just for them. This may help support the content. 

I would also pre-populate frequently asked questions in the system to help begin engagement. 

If you do a newsletter, maybe try doing an incentive about the most popular Assets in the system. 

Additionally, if allowed, do an interaction contest to try and develop by in to those functions. 

I think part of why we’re being less successful with this as well is we have a SharePoint site where a large number of job resources are now located that is really one of the main Sources of Truth now, so those kinds of documents won’t really be hosted in our Channels because it’s redundant.  We’re also in process of creating a whole FAQ page for the LMS, and are just finalizing some pieces on it before we launch it.

We do a newsletter (outside of Docebo, not their newsletter function) but we don’t really have a whole lot of “popular” assets despite having had some in there for a year and a half.

Still some good suggestions.  A few things for me to ponder.