Docebo Under the Umbrella of a HCM system?

• 3 February 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 2

Is there anyone else out there who is using Docebo under the umbrella of their HCM system? We use Dayforce by Ceridian and Docebo is simply deployed under that shell. We’re somewhat limited in the features from Docebo that we can use because Dayforce ultimately decides which features are active under their platform.

It’s especially limited when trying to generate links to Learning Plans or Catalogs.  With Catalogs, the links generated by Docebo navigate the user to the standalone instance of Docebo, rather than creating a link that would launch the Catalog within Dayforce. 

With Learning Plans, it looks like the sharing feature is completely disabled, so I’m unable to generate a link directly to a Learning Plan.

My team is certainly in discussion with Cerdian about how to access these features or activate them, but I’m curious if anyone else out there has a similar issues with using Docebo under the umbrella of their HCM system. 

3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hey @jordandb!  Sounds like you and I may want to connect and lean on each other for ideas around Dayforce Learning.  We’ve been using Docebo for approx. 3 years now and are in the process of moving into Dayforce Learning in the next two months.  Out of curiosity, did you also move from a Docebo-based instance into Dayforce Learning?  We’re really struggling to get the right answers around how exactly to move our existing content and LMS meta data from Docebo to Dayforce Learning.  Would appreciate any insights you might have :)  

Userlevel 2

Hey @jordandb!  Sounds like you and I may want to connect and lean on each other for ideas around Dayforce Learning.  We’ve been using Docebo for approx. 3 years now and are in the process of moving into Dayforce Learning in the next two months.  Out of curiosity, did you also move from a Docebo-based instance into Dayforce Learning?  We’re really struggling to get the right answers around how exactly to move our existing content and LMS meta data from Docebo to Dayforce Learning.  Would appreciate any insights you might have :)  

Hi @treedy! I’m happy to connect with you on any questions. I was not with my current company when they made the transition to Dayforce, and I believe they had an entirely different LMS than Docebo.  My main advice to you would be to validate all of the features of Docebo you are currently using with your Ceridian Dayforce account rep. What I’ve found is that Dayforce decides which features of Docebo to turn on and off in Dayforce Learning, so what I see on the Docebo and this site is not always what I have the ability to create or replicate in Dayforce Learning. Even though Docebo is updating their platform regularly, Dayforce ultimately decides which of those updates they push and activate in Dayforce Learning.

Userlevel 3
Badge

Good call - thanks @jordandb!  I’m sure that at some point in future, we can each be helpful to each other with knowledge sharing :)  My contact info is treedy@mcelhanney.com - if you don’t mind shooting me an email, I’d love to have your contact on file for future reference - tried sending you a PM in the platform here, but it doesn’t seem like we’re able to connect one on one outside of the public community posts.  Cheers, Tanya