Domain Management - No CSR tool

• 20 February 2024
  • 1 reply

In order to update or renew the SSL certificate, a CSR must be created.  Why did Docebo remove the CSR creation tool?  

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@bsoelbergA $64K+ question … primarily, they want us to move towards allowing them to manage the SSL, according to my CSM.

You can create CSR, certs, etc. using OpenSSL.  It’s not for the faint of heart, as you need to split the the private key section of the SSL into a separate file. Where I had previously been able to manage the SSL certs on my own, this time around (6-8 weeks ago), I had to go cap in hand to my favorite IT guy.  It still took us a couple of hours to figure out what the new platform required. Unfortunately, I haven’t yet written up my procedure so I’m unable to share that.

What I can tell you is that the platform-provided SSL certs work really well at ‘holding down the fort’ while Mr. IT-guy and I figured out how to provide our own. The Domain Management app does toggle between the two very easily.

The other comment that I’ll make is that you have to address adding the SSL cert to the platform BEFORE you can assign it to the primary or any secondary domains. Makes the tabs across the top seem a bit awkward.