Question

Drip Feed Learning

• 15 April 2024
  • 2 replies

Hi!

I would like to automatically enroll users in courses over time. For example, user completes a course or learning plan. Two weeks later, they are enrolled in a followup course. Two months later, they are enrolled in another course. You get the idea.

I know in Learning Plans, in the Prerequisites popup, I can make courses available, say, two weeks after the previous course is completed. Is that the only way to “drip feed” learning? I would like the user to be enrolled in the course (and a notification sent) and not just have access. 

I have certainly looked at Automations and Enrollment rules but I don’t see how to space out learning. 

Thanks!

Mark

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

As far as I know there is no automatic way to ‘delay’ enrolment into courses. There are a few ideas you can vote up though

https://community.docebo.com/ideas/automatic%2Dcourse%2Denrollment%2Dbased%2Don%2Drelative%2Ddates%2D1966

Only other way you could achieve this would be to regularly update your user profiles with some kind of indicator that would then drive your groups and enrolments rules. For example, if you had a field called “weeks at work” that could be fed or derived automatically and updated, you could use that number to gradually assign your users...

Userlevel 5
Badge

As far as I know there is no automatic way to ‘delay’ enrolment into courses. There are a few ideas you can vote up though

https://community.docebo.com/ideas/automatic%2Dcourse%2Denrollment%2Dbased%2Don%2Drelative%2Ddates%2D1966

Only other way you could achieve this would be to regularly update your user profiles with some kind of indicator that would then drive your groups and enrolments rules. For example, if you had a field called “weeks at work” that could be fed or derived automatically and updated, you could use that number to gradually assign your users...

This is exactly what I am working on right now. We have identified a specific cadence at which we want to assign training to our new hires. For now, I’m manually calculating that field and uploading via a user modification import. In the future, I hope to automate it with our standard user feed from our HRIS. 

The idea is to pass a “milestone” value into an additional field. That field will populate a set of groups, which will trigger the auto-enrollment process.