Due dates and reminders on courses - how to be selective?

• 31 July 2023
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Hello all,

We have assignment notifications used for compliance courses as well as reminder notifications that go out based on time lapsed from enrollment date.  We have standardized on 30/60 day time frames.

Occasionally we have a small group that needs a course assigned that is a general course that does not have days of validity set at the course level. 

I know that when enrolling the group we can impose a deadline at that time for that group specifically, but how can I also have the reminders trigger without having them impact any user who self enrolls in the course down the road?

How have you handled this in your org?

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

HI @Jtischler,

We have a few courses like this and we have opted to create two versions of the course as it assists with tracking completions for those who are required to take the course on a deadline vs. those who are taking it for their own reasons.  Since I don’t want the compliance reports to include those who are not compelled to take the course, this works best for us.  We only set reminder notifications for those who must complete with a deadline.