Question

Duplicate Course Entries

• 16 September 2021
  • 6 replies

We utilize courses from 3rd parties such as Becker and LinkedIn.  Many times (but not all), we are seeing duplicate course entries even though we load once.  One will say - AICC file and the second will say E-learning.  Users are also seeing this and it is a problem.  Any idea on what is going on?  Here is a screen shot with 2 examples?

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Hi @KellyGascoigne, you may see this when a course has associated training material (Learning Objects). In the above screenshot, the training material is AICC and the course is e-learning. Also, the it’s more apparent when viewing in the ‘All Results’ tab as this tab shows all channel assets (LO’s, courses etc.). To remedy this, you can edit the thumbnail for either the course or LO as well as edit the name to reflect the difference between the two. Hopefully this helps! If not, please let me know.

Hi Kelly, 

We’re not able to get any of our Becker courses to show completions.  Can I ask how you’ve managed it? We’re using AICC courses and I know Becker works with every other LMS, so I’m assuming it’s a setting issue.  Any insights would be greatly appreciated. 

Em.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Ah Courses v. Content, super annoying.

This would be a nice option to help improve search, when loading content select whether it shows in search or not (would be nice to set a default policy for this too.) I suppose three options would be useful 1. As is 2. Hide content but search the content and return course if matched 3. Hide content from being used in search results.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Bfarkas - yep.

There are more than a few ideas on this one and how to improve it.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi Kelly, 

We’re not able to get any of our Becker courses to show completions.  Can I ask how you’ve managed it? We’re using AICC courses and I know Becker works with every other LMS, so I’m assuming it’s a setting issue.  Any insights would be greatly appreciated. 

Em.

@ejpopper- a recommendation - reach out to Docebo support as well as Becker on that one - there is way to put the LMS into Console mode to see what is going on with those courses. Docebo supports AICC...and not getting a completion signal from an external server sounds like a communication issue…in my lifecycle of working with AICC? I have heard alot of concerns with AICC courses as a format overall - the need to tweak a setting on the AICC server side? As well as on the LMS side has been the usual resolve.

@dklinger Thanks, I’ll give that a try too!