Editing External Training

• 3 November 2022
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hello! I come with a question about External Training.

We currently allow our users to enter external training without approval. This seems to result in a situation where they cannot edit or delete external trainings. We’d like to have the option to allow full editing for them when it comes to those external trainings.

I found this idea here: 

But what OP describes doesn’t seem to match what I’m experiencing.

If we turn on approvals, users CAN edit and delete, but once it’s approved they can no longer make any changes to the external training.

I’m wondering if anyone else has come up against this, with our need, and what you have done.

An obvious workaround seems be that we turn on approvals, but then never actually approve anything which allows users to edit and delete at will. But does this mess up external training reporting or anything else I’m not thinking about?

Love to hear others experiences.

1 reply

Userlevel 3
Badge

In case anyone comes across this in the future I’m providing an update.

I did some further testing with this, and what I described above does seem to work. All of the information is still reportable if you set it up this way.

The only drawback is all of my users saw various options in regard to approval statuses which was unnecessary and confusing. Below is the CSS I used to hide all of that from them:

/* Hide Transcript approval items */
.filter-by-status {display:none;}
#transcripts-management-grid_c9 {display:none;}
.transcripts-sprite.approve-small {display:none;}
.transcripts-sprite.waiting-small {display:none;}

I also submitted an idea for them to add some features so we can control editing and deleting external training: