Enhancing UX for Seamless Course Navigation

• 22 February 2024
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Docebians

Currently, users have to click at least three times to access courses or content material. This process is not only cumbersome but can also be demotivating for users, especially those seeking quick and easy access to educational resources.

A significant improvement in the user experience would be to simplify this navigation process. This could be achieved by implementing a more intuitive and accessible interface, where users can quickly access courses and content material with just one or two clicks.

I wholeheartedly support the proposal to enhance the user experience on Docebo

@erin.brisson 

@niccolo.servidio 

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Isram - Can you elaborate? Docebo as a platform? Gives you some of the best flexibility on the market in terms of user experience. You can control what the course landing experience is like as well as other details.

If you are playing “name that tune” (I am showing my age) - depending on if you are auto-enrolling or not - you can get folks into courses somewhere between 2-3 clicks.

You can have courses right on a front page - with zero issues.

Please go a little deeper.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@Isram I agree with @dklinger there are some options that can allow your users to get into the course materials with just one click. Using the auto-enrolment links with the. course auto-launch option works really for us. We have a large “launch course” button on one of our pages and when the users click it, they are instantly brought into the course where they can get started immediately. Perhaps you can look into some of these options to alleviate some pain points for your users?

Userlevel 3
Badge

Thank you @dklinger @lrnlab . 

Context.

The content offered in my LMS is 95% paid. Users have to be enrolled via API. Self-enrollment is not an option. Depending on the Course or Cert  they have different Home pages. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@Isram how are your user purchasing the courses if you are enrolling via API?

If the purchase is made via an external tool, you could include the auto-enrolment link in your receipt or confirmation email back to the user, or you can use something like Subscription Codes that create a unique code for each user. Once they input that, they have instant access to the course.

Th auto-launch option for content will work in either situation and can save at least. click.

Userlevel 3
Badge

@lrnlab 

Yes, they purchase also via an external tool.

I see. We typically send a confirmation email with Docebo credentials.

I will try out that option for auto-enrollment links and subscription codes. Any other pieces of advice?

Thanks 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

lol, think that’s all for now...let me know how it works out.