Best Answer

Enrollment Rules

• 23 February 2023
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Question for the group.. if I set up an enrollment rule of group X to be assigned  Y learning plan, if users are in the group X and already assigned Y learning plan, they won’t see any change correct? Only as new users are added to the system and subsequently added to group X they will be assigned the learning plan? Thanks!

icon

Best answer by KMallette 23 February 2023, 21:19

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@simone.yaghi  Yes, you are correct.  Once the enrollment rule is ENABLED, then NEW accounts coming in that meet the criteria will have the rule applied.

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

Only as new users are added to the system and subsequently added to group X they will be assigned the learning plan?

I’ll add to this. The enrollment rule triggers for all users that are new to a group. If an existing user 1) joins the group or 2) leaves the group and rejoins, the enrollment rule will trigger. Just beware that if your users are changing groups, they will be subject to enrollment rules associated with that group - regardless if they are existing users or new to the system.

Userlevel 5
Badge

We’ve come up with a different strategy which I think works best for us:

1. Create group and populate it based on the appropriate conditions so we can test it out.
  2. Create enrollment rule and associate group and courses.
  3. Go into group and change the conditions so that the logic cannot return anyone (i.e., set some impossible logic; this will vary by use case, but might include: ALL CONDITIONS MUST BE MET when the conditions are mutually exclusive). This will eliminate the population of the group. Save the group change and allow to process.
  4. Reset the group conditions so that the logic is returned to normal, thus allowing the group to repopulate and see all of the individuals as “new” thus triggering the assignment.

We have tested this and based on our settings (your mileage may vary), the following are true:

1. When people are removed from the group they will not be unenrolled from their assigned courses and they will not receive unenrollment notifications.
  2. When people are added to the group by this process, they will only receive enrollment notifications for courses they were NOT already enrolled in.
  3. It may take a few minutes after the “refresh” (Step 4 above) for the changes to take place.

We will be testing and watching this for the foreseeable future. Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns about this approach. Your feedback is greatly appreciated.

Jennifer

Badge

I want to Disable cost centre and department prompt when registering for a course- When any of our learners try to enrol for a course they are prompted with these additional fields as follows and we want to disable them-

Can you suggest how to disable them as this is not required and somebody by mistake has initiated this process?

Userlevel 5
Badge

@arnab.duttagupta2022 I believe that’s a different topic. For best results, you’ll want to open a new post. Go up to the top of the screen and click the +NEW POST button. Good luck!

Badge

Ok, done, thought somewhat relevant and you might know, hence asked