Skip to main content
Best Answer

External Content Option Disappeared from our Channel

In our skills section, we no longer have the option to select external content - this has only happened in the last couple of weeks but we don't know exactly when. Are there any options elsewhere which would result in this option being hidden/removed?  

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Yes this was announced last week (or a couple weeks ago) that Docebo would no longer allow external content in the Skills channels

https://help.docebo.com/hc/en-us/articles/360020426100-My-Skills

Userlevel 2
Badge

Thanks for the response, the link you’ve kindly provided doesn't give any info on the removal of it.  I am really disappointed that this feature has been removed, especially without communication to all users or any involvement. 

As the option could have been unselected if not used, now the whole feature has been removed, we don't even get the option - this is not great is it?

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

this is more helpful

https://help.docebo.com/hc/en-us/articles/10979662871826-Transition-to-Discover-Coach-Share-Without-External-Content

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

@cchadford1 it was announced over a month in advance actually, there was an email sent out and then a couple follow up announcements via the webinar, though I’ll grant you that I would have preferred more notice than we received. We are also very disappointed by this and are currently trying to figure out how this will change our use of DSC. The explanation given by our account manager was that the product simply wasn’t doing what they’d intended (i.e. it often pulled in irrelevant content that didn’t really support the skills tagged on it) and there apparently wasn’t a way for Docebo to effectively filter what was being scrubbed from the web. Since they had no way to improve the product the way they wanted, they decided to end it. Which I understand, but it’s still frustrating to have lost that feature.

Userlevel 2
Badge

@cchadford1 it was announced over a month in advance actually, there was an email sent out and then a couple follow up announcements via the webinar, though I’ll grant you that I would have preferred more notice than we received. We are also very disappointed by this and are currently trying to figure out how this will change our use of DSC. The explanation given by our account manager was that the product simply wasn’t doing what they’d intended (i.e. it often pulled in irrelevant content that didn’t really support the skills tagged on it) and there apparently wasn’t a way for Docebo to effectively filter what was being scrubbed from the web. Since they had no way to improve the product the way they wanted, they decided to end it. Which I understand, but it’s still frustrating to have lost that feature.

hey there!  Thanks for the update, it was exceptionally helpful!  I never had any emails or saw the webinar so was really disppointed to hear this. I am using Docebo through a third party so will chase them to find out why we didnt get notice.  Our teams do in fact use, and once you create the block lists on ‘words’ or associated words, we found it very helpful in stretching the skills of our people.