Best Answer

Generate notification via API

Userlevel 2

Hi everybody,

I’m wondering if there is any way to get Docebo to send one of the configured notifications when I trigger it externally with an API. I though it was not, but I found a certain endpoint called “Sends an external notification” [POST] /manage/v1/notifications/external_notification which, though, doesn’t have any description and I don’t understand how it is supposed to work.

Does anybody use it or know how to configure it properly?

I also checked on the section “Notifications” of the API browser, but I did not find anything interesting for my use case (maybe somebody can point something out that I didn’t notice!).

Thanks!

Mauro

icon

Best answer by Bfarkas 3 March 2023, 19:59

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Only thing that comes to mind when I see “external notification” is Docebo Connect which is an add-on.

https://help.docebo.com/hc/en-us/sections/4408160858130-Docebo-Connect

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Yeah unfortunately, I went through the same excitement as you when i first found that endpoint, but it basically just sends an email to a user that you write entirely in that endpoint. Not that useful. Doing any external triggers or alternative notifications ends up using a different system like Docebo Connect, Zapier, Power AUtomate, etc.