Best Answer

Generating a report for a specific sub-category of users

• 11 January 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

We offer a 6 month free trial to select customers and my boss would like to know the level of engagement of these customers (how many times they have accessed the platform and how many courses they have enrolled in/completed etc.). Does anyone have any ideas about how I could generate a report showing this data? We don’t use an additional field for the free trial, so the only way to differentiate the users would be the 6 month timespan from creation to expiration which is shorter than the 1 year timespan for paid customers. I’m very much a novice when it comes to reporting, so would appreciate any advice you could give.

icon

Best answer by Annarose.Peterson 11 January 2023, 18:06

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

the custom reports can get you most of what youre looking for. You might just need to see the report options to find the outputs you need. Keep in mind that general info user access is primarily based on course activity so you will likely get more info if users have started consuming courses.

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

And from what I understand, how many times they log in really isn’t captured in the system. You only get the Last Access date in the user profile. So, if you run a report daily from the user data and include last access date, you could build a repository of that data to report off of, but it’s not optimal.

Not sure if the audit logs could help with that part...maybe. Good luck!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

You could create the User-Courses report and include the User Expiration Date field, then filter the report for the expiration dates that are six months long.  This will help you pull out the engagement with courses for your free trail users.

For the ability to see how many times a user logs in, when I asked Docebo about this a while back, they confirmed the LMS does not capture this. The solution they suggested is possibly using Google Analytics to capture this information.