Skip to main content

Global Governance

• 24 August 2022
  • 1 reply

All,

For those that have multiple Business Units within their organization a few questions:

1. How many Super Admins do you have?
  2. How do you control Governance of the system?
  3. How do you rate the performance of the system?

We are re-evaluating our system, governance, and trying to rein in the system.

Thanks so much!

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Hi Jennifer! I work with hundreds of Docebo customers at GuyKat, one of Docebo’s longest partners. There is no standard answer to these questions but I generally advise less than 5 super admins if possible - ideally 2 or 3 with one being the “main super admin” and 1 or 2 others to be backups should said individual be out or suddenly leave the company. I generally find with more than that things “magically” happen in the system and everyone plays dumb on who did it. Thankfully the audit trail captures most things so you can narrow in on who actually did what, but sometimes the damage is done and is hard to undo. 

Sometimes you have to have more than a few super admins because of some limitations of power users, especially in decentralized organizations where each team kind of owns their own piece of the world. In those models, it is extremely critical to have a governance committee where global elements of the platform are agreed upon and any changes to them go through a change management process so all the key stakeholders have a say before one team randomly decides to change a global setting and negatively impacts others.

Hope that helps! 😁