Skip to main content
Question

Gmail SSO Crashes Branded Mobile App

• 10 June 2022
  • 6 replies

We are using the Branded Mobile App (not the Go.Learn app). We built the latest version of the app in Docebo with Google Analytics and Gmail SSO. Every time we tap on the Sign in with Gmail button, the app immediately crashes. Same thing is happening on both the iOS and Android apps. The Gmail sign in process works without issue on the desktop. Has anybody seen this before?

Support told us to edit the plist.info file and add in our Gmail SSO settings. Has anybody done that before and could provide instructions?

Thanks!

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

No idea how to fix this but my guess is that when you configure google firebase you need to setup the gmail auth through that entity for the mobile app (through the same google app id, not separate ones). This is what I’ll be messing with if I can’t get an answer from support.

I’m having the same issue. Clicking the Google button in go.learn works fine; clicking it in ios branded mobile app crashes.

FYI oddly the gmail sso plugin works fine in go.learn, just not in branded mobile app. 

Help!

Userlevel 1

Ciao @grovergaming_admin,

I am Andrea Sanvitto and I’m the Mobile Product Manager.

Thanks for reporting this issue inside the community, I hope that what I am about to say will be useful to everyone.

The mobile team is working in order to fix a crash related to the Google SSO button for the branded app.

Your issue seems to be the one we are currently working on, but in order to be sure I would like to suggest you to perform the resign operation of your iOS Branded App with the new “resign.sh” file we will post on the Docebo Knowledge Base on 27th of July.

If the new file won’t fix your issue, feel free to contact your AM and open a ticket. This will allow us to perform a further analysis.

Regards,

Andrea

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Fabulous. Thank you!

Thank you both for your responses. The new resign script fixed the issue on the iOS side. We are still having the same issue on Android. 

I do currently have a case open with Support. I will post back once Android is fixed.

Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Oof. I’m not there yet with android but I guess I will hold off until we have a solution. 

Glad to know I’m not alone!

is there a tutorial for if I ultimately want to enable gmail SSO, push notifications and okta SSO all in the same implementation?

I enabled Push Notifications, Analytics, and Google Sign-in using this guide. I’m sure Okta SSO should be pretty similar.

https://help.docebo.com/hc/en-us/articles/360020125599-Push-Notifications-Google-Analytics-for-Firebase-Google-Sign-In-Configuration

I would read through all of the articles in that section before you start. It can feel a little daunting at first but it’s not too bad if you follow the guide.