Skip to main content
Best Answer

Group Addition Based on Enrollment Status

• 27 April 2022
  • 2 replies

Hello, there! I am looking into creating a group that anyone who has NOT started a course or is listed as IN PROGRESS will be a part of. The intention is that once they complete the course they will be removed from this group, but not unenrolled from the course itself.

I've located this document for help on the help webpage:
https://help.docebo.com/hc/en-us/articles/360020084100-Managing-Groups

However, all it states is that you can have enrollment based off of enrollment status. A link takes me here:

https://help.docebo.com/hc/en-us/articles/360020082940-User-Levels-Roles-and-Statuses#post-simple-toc-heading-4

With this document it states that one status is "Enrolled", which indicates that the user is enrolled, but hasn't actually started the training yet. This appeared to fit my requirements, yet when I look into Eligibility for auto-addition to a group, the only options do not include Enrollment as it is described, but Subscribed, which appears to me to include anyone in the course. This doesn't fit my requirements to change their status in such a way that COMPLETED would remove them from this group.

Am I missing something in this issue, a step that would provide me a status for eligibility that would reflect a user who is enrolled but who has not started the training yet?

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Matthew.Shumway  Yes, Subscrbed = Enrolled.  The terms are used interchangeably within the site, and I find it as confusing as you see to have as well. 

Basically, you want to create an automatic group that has Enrollment conditions: one for Subscribed, and one for In Progress.

I used this type of automatic group a lot in my platform.

Course status doesn’t affect enrollment, just FYI.

Regards,

KM

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

HI @Matthew.Shumway I believe this is a case of Docebo sometimes using the same words to mean different things...in this case Subscribed also means Enrolled.

Pulled from the Webhooks KB article to show the actual statuses used on the back end...as you can see Enrolled in not there; only Subscribed. Think this may be it but if you want to be extra sure, you may want  to reach out to support for confirmation.

Think what is missing for your scenario to work in the not that the status but the operator for the status. B this I mean, an extra setting that would allow you to pick, “is” or “is not” + the Status. This way you could have a group that gathers everyone who has a status other than enrolled, in progress, completed, on so on.