Best Answer

Group Condition - anyone have luck with Does Not Equal logic?

• 10 November 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

I setup what seem like it should be standard use of Not Equals To and I pretty much hit a wall.

I added a string of characters (text) to be part of the logic, and I seem to have things bleeding beyond it.

This no work-y

Curious if anyone has had any luck with this group criteria logic and where the miss could be.

Misses included titles with spaces and &s (ampersands) - like Sales & Marketing and Customer Service.

icon

Best answer by dklinger 10 November 2023, 22:49

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

I suspect that if those are text fields, it’s looking for anything that includes that text + anything that has that text plus a little more...We actually need something that would limit this for text fields...is that the case for you?

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

hey mark @lrnlab - they are text fields. I havent tried the category field type...but it looks like that may work...but this is all production that I am working in….makes me uneasy to fart around changing field types on the fly.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Agree...why don you copy the group first and then play around with it...this way if the original group is tied to enrolment rules, etc., you wont affect that part...

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

I got it - the ticket to the service desk got it.

If you are gonna do something like this? You need to say ALL in the set need to be satisfied. Because you are essentially building an exclusion list….and all of these in the set need to be met. I had it set to one...and after the first condition, it was true...and bleeding in users….

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Ahh, that makes sense in Docebo language...thanks for following this thru..Learning something new everyday. this makes 2...LOL