Best Answer

Group Enrollment Rule based on Course Category?

• 19 March 2022
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 4

I want to create a group that auto-populates with all users who are enrolled, in any status, in any course of a particular category. The total number of courses is 40+ and possible enrollment status is at least two for us {in progress, completed}. Since it seems that each group enrollment based rule only allows you to select a single course and a single status, it seems like we’d have to create 40*2=80 rules which is more than the maximum. Wondering if anyone else has this situation- or if I’m missing something on how to accomplish this? 

icon

Best answer by dklinger 19 March 2022, 21:50

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @sgary,

A proposal for you - put weight on the groups side of the story. I believe you can establish 10 conditions for 10 sets...so you can leverage a single group to drive your enrollment rule IF your are looking to have anyone of those course drive an enrollment into a single something else (LP or Course). You can do this because group status can be driven by enrollment status for not just one course, but multiple courses.

Reference: https://help.docebo.com/hc/en-us/articles/360020084100-Managing-Groups#subtitle-5

Userlevel 4

@dklinger you’re so right, thank you! Seems obvious now- didn’t occur to me to add additional conditions as new sets. Still seems insane to have to create 80+ different conditions, and then remember to come back to update the conditions each time we create a new course, but at least we have a way to accomplish it. I’ll propose an idea in the community around easy multi-select on courses and enrollment statuses and/or category based enrollment rules.