Help - Looking for ideas on an issue with required training

• 18 January 2024
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

I have to enroll all employees in required training. However, we have a small group of 15 that we are unable to authenticate into the platform yet due to email domain issues.  We use Active Directory to authenticate and this group is not in the directory due to this. 

Is there a way to provide a link to this training that is located in the platform without the authentication into it? 

Looking for ideas on how someone else may have done a workaround for this either inside or outside of Docebo. The course is a set of videos and a SCORM file with a quiz that was created in Articulate Rise

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

….‘unable to authenticate into the platform yet due to email domain issues.  We use Active Directory to authenticate and this group is not in the directory due to this. 

@pcarr Do you mean that you are using SAML/SSO to sign into your Docebo platform?

Do you have Extended Enterprise available on your platform? Could you build a non-SSO tenant to house these persons, at least temporarily? They could use a normal email/password registration to sign in and take the same course as the others.

I don’t think that a deep link to the course would solve the issue, as the learner would need authenticating before the course would open.

Since it is a RISE course you could try a Review 360 link and send it via email. Maybe have people make a comment on the last slide with their name and date. That could maybe be some way to track.

Hopefully they can get the domain issue resolved quickly.

Userlevel 4
Badge

Thanks - I think I have a solve. I am going to manually enter them using the @docebosaas domain since we have specific ones for the extended enterprise we use.  I think that will work for them. 

Userlevel 5
Badge

Another option if you’re using SSO is to adjust your landing page so that it shows both SSO and non-SSO login options, so that everyone can get in. Then, once those 15 have been given SSO access, you could change the landing page back to the SSO only view.