Best Answer

Hide Automated Course Title - SCORM 1.2

• 11 March 2024
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Who has a trick to hide this banner that loads at the top when publishing a rise course into docebo?

Also curious, can you bypass this page?

Thank you!

icon

Best answer by Ian 13 March 2024, 13:29

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@jcellitti The banner and Start Course button come from the theme in RISE, and I don’t see anything in RISE that allows you to customize it to “blank”. RISE is meant to be a quick and dirty approach to course design/development and as such isn’t very customizable.

If you want more customization, I’d suggest building the course in Storyline so that you have full control over what is in the course.

Userlevel 1
Badge

@KMallette you are saying this comes from the Rise theme? Weird because it does not show anywhere else I have ever imported Rise and I have taken Docebo University courses that obviously use Rise and this is not present there either. 

I would like to bypass the DOCEBO course page so learners do not have to hit this landing page and hit “Start Learning Now” with a direct link from a custom content box

Thanks for the tips! I am very familiar with Storyline and do develop learning experiences in there too, along with several other places, but I am currently in a unique situation with several constraints. Thanks! :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@jcellitti My apologies, I didn’t understand that you meant the title. It is a very common HTML/CSS approach to copy the title into the “tab area” of a html page.  I still think that this is part of RISE, but digging further I was wondering if you’d tried turning on the “Hide Cover Page” option in the publish settings.

Userlevel 1
Badge

@KMallette I had the same thought! Tried both ways and it didn’t work :(

Also tried all the CSS related codes I could find in the community to hide it in the course player but none worked, guess I am stuck with it for now.

Hopefully someone has a CSS trick to get rid of it  :)

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

I think this should work for hiding that title text.

.chapter-viewer__header h1 {
display: none;
}

But... why do you want to do this exactly? Is it because the title is wrong? Would it be better if it simply said something else?

If you wanted to get rid of the entire bar, you could do this:

.chapter-viewer__header {
display: none !important;
}

...but that would also remove the Close button in the top-right, and I would strongly advise against that.

Regarding the page you want to bypass, look for Course Autoplay under Course Properties / Player. It doesn’t bypass it completely but it does automatically load the course player, so the learner doesn’t have to click on anything else.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Thank you, @Ian ! I will try these out. There is also an Exit Course button so it is redundant, not to mention ugly 🤣

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Fair enough! I forgot that Rise lets you add that, so I revise my statement above. 🙂