Best Answer

How can I identify which courses are NOT yet in a Catalog?

Userlevel 4
Badge

My Question: How can I run a report showing the Courses with their associated Catalogs? I need to isolate the courses not yet in a Catalog so we can remedy our 403 errors but I’ve tried several reports and there is no option or column to display Catalog associations.

Scenario & Limitation: We want to provide a link to a course’s main page and have the learner be able to review the course description and decide whether they want to enroll. (We want them to see the green Enroll button.) We recently discovered if a learner is given that course link and that course is not in a Catalog, the learner receives the 403 error page. The course must be in a Catalog for the page to load. 

Additional Context: I am aware that we can provide self-enrollment links that will auto-enroll users into the course the second they click the link but that’s not what we want. We want them to land on the main course page without auto-enrolling, so I need to isolate which of our courses are NOT in catalogs without having to pull them up one-by-one in Course Management. 

icon

Best answer by lrnlab 21 March 2022, 19:50

View original

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

HI @jennadionn unfortunately there is no report to do that, yet...only way to verify what’s in your catalogues (and it’s still not easy) is by way the catalogue app on the admin side. You can try coping and pasting from the screen or looking through what’s checked off when you open the panel to “assign courses”.

There are supposed to be some course reports coming soon

Hi @jennadionn. I created an Idea requesting a report like what you are in need of. Please vote on it, so it can get the attention it needs and will hopefully get Docebo to create the report. The more votes, the better, so please spread the word!

Thanks!

Thanks for the vote, @jennadionn!

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi! So just to clarify, since this last thread was 1 year ago, if I want a report which shows what courses are in what catalogs (we have many courses which are in more than 1 catalog) there is no way to do that other than to go one by one in the course catalog admin section and compare the assigned courses? Or there is a place to pull this info? Thank you!

Userlevel 4
Badge

@jsalinas As far as I have found, there is still not a way to easily determine catalog assignment. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@jennadionn have you tried the Export Courses Data report? This contains the catalogue(s) each course is assigned to in the report.

Under Course Management, select some or all your courses and then on the bottom right of the page you will see this option:

then you can select what data you want to export on the following windows...

Userlevel 4
Badge

@lrnlab That allows us to see if the course catalog settings, such as “is visible in internal catalogs” but it doesn’t tell us which catalogs. 

Thank you for sharing that option, though isn’t it odd it cannot be done for a single course? Unless it’s user error, it seems I must select at least two courses for the Action button to appear at the bottom right. If I only want to export data for one course, it’s not in the meatball menu at the end of the row.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Actually yes it does...you need to select the options in the “Usage Data” section

As for the export, yes you need to select more than 1 course to have access to the export option (strange I know)

and this is the output:

Userlevel 2
Badge

@lrnlab - That worked! Thank you very much!

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@jsalinas happy to help...😊

Userlevel 4
Badge

@lrnlab Oooooh, I see. The report I ran was a large one and I was looking for a column showing catalogs. Now I see the course ID and catalogs listed way at the bottom. I hadn’t scrolled into the 400s rows. It’s a funky report format but it works! Thank you so much!