Skip to main content
Question

How do I find sessions with no attendance taken?

• 24 June 2024
  • 3 replies

When the instructors are responsible for taking attendance or submitting rosters to admins to update attendance we need to have some monitoring in place. How do we identify “open” sessions, where attendance has not been taken? 

I’m looking at the Sessions - User Statistics report, where I am filtering on attendance status. Then I am looking up each course and session to find out what’s going on. Am I on the right path? Is there an easier way? 
This seems like it would be a common business practice with notifications (to instructors) and/or reports associated. The path I’m on seems labor intensive, perhaps because I am chasing a backlog. 

Also, I don’t think that Docebo has tracking for closing out sessions with attendance taken. Please correct me if I am wrong, sessions are just there past and future with dates associated with the events. No easy way to identify those that are finalized. 

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

We could not find a canned report that would give us this data so we had a custom report created for us by Docebo.  I hope this helps!

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Agree...plus not all sessions are set to be tracked using Attendance so that may also be a challenge.

Do these fields help at all?

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Looks like I am on the right path, and it is just going to be labor intensive until we manage the backlog. Then we need to stay on top of it with short intervals. 
@monica.cheek thanks for the input, if Docebo created a custom report for you it confirms there is no easy way as standard practice. 
@lrnlab thanks for the reminder that not all ILTs are tracked with attendance, I will look at our business process and only include the courses where we are dependent on instructors.