Skip to main content
Best Answer

How do you collect and share feedback received in course surveys?

Hi all,

I was wondering how you collect and share feedback received in course surveys. We would like to setup a system that collects and delivers feedback to instructors automatically, but I have no idea if this is possible. Currently we go to oCourse Management] - -Reports] - -Training Material Statistics], export the results of each survey manually, and then send the results to our instructors. It would be great if it was possible to do this automatically once a certain number of responses are received.

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

We ended up moving to using qualtrics for all of these types of things as they were then centralized with all of our feedback data from multiple systems and could add them directly to courses or as extra content or in widgets, super flexible. It also let us build basically a dashboard for each instructor to check their stuff whenever they wanted.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

@Daniel I described my approach here:

I save all surveys to SharePoint folders organized by course category, so I can provide instructors access to relevant folders/files on SharePoint.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Thanks @alekwo 

Would be great if Docebo could do this without the API.

Userlevel 3

As far as I can tell, the survey responses do not group in any way to a specific session. If multiple instructors teach a class, each instructor needs to know what they are doing well, and what they need to improve on based on survey responses specific to their own teaching and not mixed with responses about other instructors deliveries. Is this possible to accomplish?

Userlevel 2

@Bfarkas We were looking at using an alternative survey system, but we struggle to pull the course name automatically in the form so all feedback can relate to a specific learning event. Did you find a trick to do this or your leaners have to select the course they completed?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@Bfarkas We were looking at using an alternative survey system, but we struggle to pull the course name automatically in the form so all feedback can relate to a specific learning event. Did you find a trick to do this or your leaners have to select the course they completed?

There’s a couple of things, what is you plan for distribution? Is it in a widget in the course page, embedded in the course package(like if scorm), or email to user?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Apparently half of my note got cut off….whoops.

If you are embedding on a course page using the course widgets and use the embed, you can use the iframe embed to automatically pull the user’s docebo ID, and if your survey platform supports referral links, you get the course ID that way.

If you are doing a scorm or xAPI setup, there are standard variables to transfer user and course information into it, so just transfer that into the form.

If emailing, set it up in an automated way, where the link adds things like course ID to the survey URL strong as a variable, then you can pull that into the survey later too.

Are you set on an external platform?

Userlevel 2

I will need time to test the iframe option, which what we are testing. The course ID is a good option. More reading on technical stuff. Thanks for the help @Bfarkas 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Nice, I was using things like this for an inline course support form that provided recommendations and then branched to collect right data as needed.

Userlevel 2

Hi all,

Has anyone tried to use Tray.io ?

I am not selling or promoting it. 

It has connectors to access Docebo data, I am just wondering if that is a ‘automation option’ worth exploring.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi all,

Has anyone tried to use Tray.io ?

I am not selling or promoting it. 

It has connectors to access Docebo data, I am just wondering if that is a ‘automation option’ worth exploring.

You might do better with these kinds of questions by starting a fresh thread instead of tagging onto existing ones in the future, but check out this thread:

looks like@Salvo has used and highly recommends at least for content usage.