How have you implemented ILT alerting?

• 23 August 2022
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

I currently have a single alert set 7 hours before.

My users are VERY sensitive to over-alerting since the old system was AWFUL in this regard. When you enrolled in a LP you got (and still get) 14 individual course enrollment emails.

What do y’all do for ILT alerting? One person here said they do a 24-hour notice and sometimes a 1-hour as well.

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

First things first, no one will ever be happy with what you do for alerts :)

Someone will always want more, someone will always want less.

I guess ours break down roughly to the following (it varies a bit as there are different categories of these types of classes, and some use the system and others use native Outlook invites)

• Alert at time of enrollment
  • Reminder 2 days prior
  • Reminder morning of (if native Docebo) or Reminder 30 minutes prior (If Outlook Invite) using the Outlook reminder box.
Userlevel 7
Badge +5

I guess ours break down roughly to the following (it varies a bit as there are different categories of these types of classes, and some use the system and others use native Outlook invites)

• Reminder 2 days prior
  • Reminder morning of (if native Docebo) or Reminder 30 minutes prior (If Outlook Invite) using the Outlook reminder box.

Goal/Fantasy: 100% of users satisfied

Realistic Expectation: 60% of users satisfied

Reality: 30% of users satisfied no matter what you do

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

That's right @lrodman if you try and please the end users, it will never happen so perhaps you can take it up a few levels and get some direction from your management teams as to what they would prefer/expect? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Remember, if end users could be responsible for remembering and showing up to things, we wouldn’t need reminders at all…this is simply not true, definitely would deflect up a few levels to a manager call for sure. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

In this case I’m actually the manager, heh. I can/could ask my boss but she’d probably bump the call to me if I asked her unless I insisted she decide - and she’d probably be puzzled at the ask.

It’s more me trying to hypothetically please 150,000 potential end users and 3000 managers from 560 companies all under me. Somewhere between 1 and 2 notifications sounds reasonable to me.

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

I work for GuyKat, a partner of Docebo’s for over a decade. I’ve seen hundreds of implementations and work with some fairly large clients worldwide. I generally see 2-3 reminder emails before the start of an ILT session. Most common is one a 2-5 days before as a reminder in case someone forgot to add it to their calendar. Then I commonly see one a couple hours before the start as a final “your class is about to start” reminder. 

As for enrollments, if you haven’t checked out the digest - user enrolled to a course notification I strongly advise that you do. I oftentimes see that used in combination with the learning plan enrollment so a user gets the learning plan enrollment real-time at time of enrollment and then gets all the course enrollments in a daily digest at the start or end of the day (depending on your preference). Saves a ton of noise from individual course enrollment notifications.

Hope this helps! 

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

• Reminder 2 days prior

@Bfarkas - How can I enable reminder 2days prior email for ILT courses? Currently, our emails getting triggered once the learners enrolled into the sessions. I'm looking out an option to enable a reminder email for future sessions (2days Prior). I checked the current email types in docebo, but I didn't get the exact type? Did I miss or overlooked something?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

We do the 24 hour and the 1 hour reminders. It’d be nice if the options could be in increments smaller than 1 hour, because we’d do 30 minutes, but alas, that’s not where the system is currently.